It is the dream of every job seeker to work in the industry’s top companies. Whether you are a fresh IT graduate or someone who has been working in this field for years and is in search of a job at the top IT company? What to learn how to seek a position in the industry and what role do placement agencies in Noida plays in your recruitment?
We know you have so many questions in your mind and with this blog we will clarify most of queries while discussing the recruitment process and everything else you need to know to get a job in the best IT companies.
Stages of the recruitment process in top IT companies
The recruitment process of top companies involves different stages. Each candidate has to go through these stages to secure a position in the company. Following are the four most common stages of the recruitment process.
– Aptitude test
– Group discussion
– Technical interview
– HR interview
If you want to make it to the top IT companies, then you must have a thorough understanding of what is expected from you during these recruitment stages.
- Aptitude test
An aptitude test is the first stage of the recruitment process. It is conducted to check cognitive ability or the prospects of candidate success in a job. With preparation techniques, you can easily ace the test.
How to prepare yourself for an aptitude test?
If you are about to appear in an aptitude test for an IT company, then your prime focus should be on verbal and quantitative topics. Start by going through sample papers, as it will give you the idea about questions and you will know the topics that you must focus on.
By practicing aptitude questions on daily basis, you can become pro at solving even the toughest questions. To fully prepare yourself for an aptitude test may take two to three months. In short, preparation is key to passing the aptitude test successfully.
Once you have fully prepared yourself for the test, you must take up mock tests to analyze your preparation in rectifier mistakes
Note: Even if you don’t belong from an IT background, you must at least have a basic conceptof C, C++, and Java.
Right away to solve aptitude test
How you decide to start your aptitude test will determine whether you will succeed or not. The right way to start a test is by choosing a particular order to solve questions. Always start with the questions that are simple and easy and then focus on the complex questions.
Keep in mind that all the questions carry the same marks and attempt questions carefully as you might not want to end up getting negative marks.
- Group discussion
The second step in the recruitment process is group discussion which involves filtering the candidates based on their ability to express their opinion, and handle in difficult situation. If you want to make it to the next stage then take care of the following things:
– Sit straight.
– Be confident and assertive about your opinion.
– Try to do a to-the-point discussion.
– Make eye contact with participants and speaker.
– Be active and use facts to define your point.
– Keep your voice low and try to be polite while explaining your point.
– If you have no idea about a given topic then try to build on to other ideas and pay attention to what they’re are saying.
These are some of the main points that you should take care of while attending a group discussion. But if you need more help, then feel free to contact IT consultancy in Delhi.
- Technical interview or HR interview
The third and fourth stage of the recruitment process generally involves interviewing the candidate. In an interview, a candidate must convince the employer that why should their company hire them. So, never take an interview lightly, and always go prepared if you wish to get hired in your dream IT company.
What does an interviewer look for in a candidate?
Interviews are a way to prove to your employer how you are a perfect fit for their organization. The main focus of interviewers is on your attitude and your confidence. It doesn’t matter how much knowledge or skills you have until you don’t possess the right attitude.
– Try to maintain a positive attitude, be polite and keep a smile on your face.
– Maintain a posture that would portray confidence and comfort.
– Give to the point answers and make eye contact with the interviewers.
– Work on your communication skills and improve them.
– Always come prepared for an interview and polish your knowledge on the important topics as the interviewers may ask you questions about them
– If you can’t go through every subject, then pick one subject and go through its important concepts thoroughly.
– The interviewers will ask you difficult questions to check how you react under pressure so don’t panic if you are not able to answer each question.
– Do thorough research about the company i.e., their services and products, and have a good understanding of the company’s projects to show that you are interested in their company.
– Mention your work experience, internships, publications, etc. to show your credibility.
– Asking questions from the interviewers also leaves a positive impression and shows that you are interested in the company.
Your resume is what defines you in front of an employer, so try to make it powerful as it will convince the employer that why should they hire you. Also, provide all the relevant information about your education and work experience. Avoid mentioning anything that you are not good at or have not done as the interviewers might ask you about it.
If you need IT job consultancy in Noida, we are here to help you and guide you through every step so you can make it to your dream IT company. Say goodbye to your job related problems and feel free to contact Business Thrust Consultancy, as we provide the best placement services in Noida.